Shippo's New Technique, the Heart Scar! (吠えろ七宝奥義 心の傷！) is the one hundred thirtieth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Shippō encounters a group of young fox demons who think he is the leader of Inuyasha's group; while trying to prove his demonic prowess, Shippō upsets his most recent love interest, Mizuki.
Inuyasha destroys a demon threatening both Shippō and a group of fox demons, who recognize Shippō, having heard a legend about him being the leader of Inuyasha's team and a hero of the fox demons. Shippō is currently in love with a girl named Mizuki.
Inuyasha and the gang hear of a demon terrorizing a village, while the fox demons appear before Shippō, who pretends he is the leader of Inuyasha's team and is powerful. When they ask him to demonstrate a powerful technique, he asks Inuyasha to teach him Wind Scar, which is unsuccessful (Shippō can't even wield Tessaiga in its true form). Later, Shippō encounters the lizard demon terrorizing the village.
The fox demons think Shippō plans to trick Mizuki, and he eventually agrees to do so to prove himself to the fox demons, due to his inability to defeat the lizard demon. He transforms into a balloon form while the fox demons throw acorns at Mizuki, and Shippō accidentally knocks Mizuki into a shallow river. When Mizuki realizes Shippō was responsible for attacking her, she expresses her hate for him and runs off, leaving him shaken. Soon after, the lizard demon returns. Furious at him for causing him to lose Mizuki's love, Shippō learns a new biting technique called Kokoro no Kizu. Using this technique, Shippō and the fox demons defeat the lizard demon, who survives and runs off, only to be turned into an ordinary lizard by Miroku with a sutra.
When Inuyasha teases Shippō for getting Mizuki angry at him, Shippō uses Heart Scar on him.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Opening Theme — One Day, One Dream — Best of Inuyasha II
- Shippō talks to girl — One Day in the Village (Mura no Ichi Nichi) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Miroku asks elder to have women help, Sango reprimands him — Osuwari! — TV OST Vol. 1
- Fox demons meet Shippō and say he is a great hero — The Confused and the Carefree (Awatenbō to Nonbiriya) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Fox leader speaks of Shippō’s companions — The Three Meddlesome Daughters (Sewayaki Sannin Musume) — TV OST Vol. 3
- Shippō calls for Inuyasha’s help — The Confused and the Carefree (Awatenbō to Nonbiriya) — TV OST Vol. 2
- The foxes think Shippō tricked the girl — One Day in the Village (Mura no Ichi Nichi) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Foxes tell demon not to mess with Shippō — Osuwari! — TV OST Vol. 1
- Foxes ask Shippō if he is actually the great hero — Swordsmith, Tōtōsai (Katanakaji Tōtōsai) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Shippō and foxes attack Mizuki — Fight to the Death (Shitō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Mizuki leaves, Shippō is ashamed — Miroku’s Accomplice the Tanuki, Hachiemon (Miroku no Shatei Hachiemon-danuki) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Shippō is angry and the demon beats him up — Inuyasha’s Metamorphosis (Hengeshita Inuyasha) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Shippō gets back up and uses the Heart Scar — Howl! Tessaiga (Unare! Tessaiga) — TV OST Vol. 3
- Foxes thank Shippō for teaching them the move — Little Kitsune Yōkai Shippō — TV OST Vol. 1
- Shippō is grumpy and Mizuki shames him, he uses the Heart Scar on Inuyasha — Searching for the Shikon no Tama (Shikon no Tama o Motomete) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Ending Theme — Come — Best of Inuyasha II
- The barrier around Tessaiga prevents full-fledged demons from touching it, yet Shippō was able to hold it in this episode. Though this can be explained because Tessaiga's barrier only works on demons that have malice and hatred towards Humans, Shippō has no hatred towards humans, which is why he can hold Tessaiga.