Untamed Entei and Horrible Hakudoshi is the one hundred forty-second episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Entei releases its former master, Rengokuki, from his seal as well and they begin terrorizing the lands once again; they encounter Kagura and are about to battle, when Hakudōshi appears and interrupts the fight.
- Hakudōshi easily destroys Rengokuki and Entei chooses him as his new master; soon after he confronts Inuyasha and his group and introduces himself and reveals that the last Shikon no Tama shard is at the border between this world and the next.
- Hakudōshi begins beheading demons in his search for the borderland.
Continuing from the last episode, the right half of the Infant has come back to life; it releases a miasma that destroys all the vegetation in the area before sucking it back in. Kagura sees the damage the miasma did before looking back to see a child in place of the Infant, covering himself with the remains of the Infant's clothing. Kagura questions who this new person is as he smiles. Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Kirara, Miroku and Shippō follow Entei to a valley where Rengokuki, Entei's rider, has just risen from his grave. After a brief trading of blows, Entei bears Rengokuki away.
Kagura goes to a village that Entei and Rengokuki have wrecked, seeking clothes for the now-grown infant. After trading insults, Rengokuki chases Kagura, wanting her as his woman. Kagura decides that if he wants a fight, she'll give him one as she tosses the outfit for the grown infant into the cave she left him in. But before they were able to battle one another, Hakudōshi appeared and said he'd take care of Rengokuki. Rengokuki scoffed at the child, thinking he was no match for him at first glance. Entei then threw Rengokuki off of his back, and stared transfixed at Hakudōshi. This action shocked and stung Rengokuki, who then vowed to destroy the boy to prove to Entei that he was its true rider. Rengokuki swung his halberd at Hakudōshi, but missed him completely; Hakudōshi stood on the tip of the weapon, much to Rengokuki's astonishment. Hakudōshi then easily tore the halberd out of Rengokuki's grip and brutally ran it through his throat, then vertically bisected his upper half with it, killing him. Following his death, Rengokuki was usurped by Hakudōshi as Entei's new master.
Hakudōshi confronts Inuyasha and his companions, revealing his name to be Hakudōshi, the very same infant that was split in half; however, they think he pulled himself back together instead of growing from one half. Hakudōshi tells Miroku that he seeks the last jewel shard in the next world, which is why he seeks a border between this world and the next, before retreating with Kagura.
Sango and Miroku are seeking clues to the whereabouts of Hakudoshi and Entei. Kagome and Shippō consider the few shards left outside of Naraku's possession. Inuyasha saves Shippō and Kagome from the attack of a headless demon. Sango and Miroku arrive and they discuss what might have caused it.
Meanwhile, Hakudōshi beheads another demon and adds its head to a growing collection he now has hanging beside him. Humans lack sufficient power to see into the other side and demons don't die that easily. Hakudōshi remembers what he saw right before being split in half: a land of white mist.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Opening Theme — One Day, One Dream — Best of Inuyasha II
- Recap of episode 141 — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kagura’s half of the infant grows and spreads poisonous fog — Tsubaki the Dark Miko (Kuromiko Tsubaki) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Entei breaks the seal placed on his master — Sign of Unrest (Fuon na Kehai) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha and Rengokuki fight — Attack (Shūgeki) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kagura sees burning village and meets Rengokuki — The Hidden Well to the Sengoku Era (Kakushi Ido kara Sengoku Jidai e) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Rengokuki pursues Kagura — Fight to the Death (Shitō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Hakudōshi says he will take on Rengokuki — Hakudōshi — TV OST Vol. 3
- Flashback to Rengokuki becoming the master of Entei — Hell Insects, Saimyōshō (Jigoku Mushi Saimyōshō) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Hakudōshi kills Rengokuki — Inuyasha’s Metamorphosis (Hengeshita Inuyasha) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Entei comes back and is protected by a barrier — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Hakudōshi introduces himself to Inuyasha’s group — Hakudōshi — TV OST Vol. 3
- Hakudōshi thinks he saw the border of the afterlife — Malice (Urami) — TV OST Vol. 3
- Kagome recalls how many shards of the Shikon Jewel are left — Trap (Wana) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Headless demon tries to attack Kagome — Fang Sword, Tessaiga (Kiba no Ken Tessaiga) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Hakudōshi takes many demon heads — Hakudōshi — TV OST Vol. 3
- Ending Theme — Come — Best of Inuyasha II