The Tragic Love Song of Destiny (Part 1)
InuYasha Season 6 - Episode 9
|← Prev||Episode 147||Next →|
Meguriau Mae no Sadame no Koi Uta (Zenpen)
One Day, One Dream
April 19, 2004
May 24, 2006 (Adult Swim)
(no credits available)
The Tragic Love Song of Destiny (Part 1) is the one hundred forty-seventh episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Kikyō's past as a miko is revealed: when she was given the Shikon jewel to protect and purify and first met Inuyasha.
Kikyō tells Kaede that Tsubaki's warning, was acturly a curse. Should she ever fall in love, she'd die a violent death.
We see the initial meeting of Kikyō and a dark-haired Inuyasha. Inuyasha learns of the Sacred Jewel and begins to pester Kikyō for it. Instead of slaying him as she did so many other demons, time and again Kikyō leaves Inuyasha alive.
Kaede tells how Kikyō at this time began paying more attention to her appearance. Kikyō and Inuyasha drew closer to each other. Kikyō created a subjugation necklace for Inuyasha, but chose not to use it.
- Despite the sacredness of the Goshinboku, Kikyō and Kaede are seen using it for target practice.
- We find out that Kaede lost her sight in her right eye because Kikyo shot a demon at close range, and the explostion, injured her.
- "The Tragic Love Song of Destiny" is a one hour special.
- Scenes from episodes Episode 1,Episode 2, Episode 9, Episode 10, Episode 14, Episode 16, Episode 25 and Episode 62 are pictured in the end credits.
(After each were unknowingly deceived by Naraku)
Kikyō: I believed in you! I trusted you.
Inuyasha: I never doubted you. Not even for a minute. But you deceived me!
(Dying from Kikyō's arrow.)
Inuyasha: Am I going to die like this? I guess that’s ok. Kikyō, even though it ended like this. I still lo-.