The Tragic Love Song of Destiny (Part 2)
InuYasha Season 6 - Episode 10
|← Prev||Episode 148||Next →|
Meguriau Mae no Sadame no Koi Uta (Kōhen)
One Day, One Dream
April 19, 2004
May 31, 2006 (Adult Swim)
(no credits available)
The Tragic Love Song of Destiny (Part 2) is the one hundred forty-eighth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Kikyō and Inuyasha's love for one another grows further, with Inuyasha resolving to use the Shikon no Tama to become a full-fledged human so he could live with Kikyō.
- The bandit Onigumo's lust for Kikyō is revealed, as is the scene of when he fed his soul to demons and became Naraku; Naraku's twisted plot to kill Kikyō and Inuyasha is put into action, leading to Kikyō's death and Inuyasha being sealed to the Goshinboku.
Kikyō is confronted by Tsubaki. Meanwhile, Onigumo meets a spider demon who offers to fulfill his dreams.
While Kikyō helps Kaede work on her sacred arrows, Naraku makes his initial bid for the Sacred Jewel. Inuyasha helps the villagers fight off the demons, but Kaede is injured during the battle and loses her eye.
After the battle, Kikyō suggests to Inuyasha that he use the Jewel to become human. Later that day, Inuyasha agrees to become human. Kikyō plans to meet him the following day with the jewel.
Naraku overhears their plans, and impersonates Inuyasha. Naraku (disguised as Inuyasha) asks Kikyō to meet him earlier than planned. When she arrives the next morning at the tree, Naraku fatally attacks her, still in the guise of Inuyasha, and steals the jewel from Kikyō.
Returning the jewel to its place, Naraku assumes Kikyō's appearance to meet Inuyasha. He tries to attack Inuyasha, but he manages to jump out of the way. His attempted attack on Inuyasha helps taint the jewel. Inuyasha steals the jewel from the village, only to have a mortally wounded Kikyō seal him to the tree of ages before he can use it.
Before Kikyō dies, she tells her sister, Kaede, to burn the Sacred Jewel with her body. As her body is burned, her soul states that she will take the Sacred Jewel to the netherworld in order to keep it away from those who would abuse its power.
As Kaede tells herself the story she wonders why Kikyō chose the arrow of sealing over the sacred arrow, and why Inuyasha had a peaceful look on his face.
- "The Tragic Love Song of Destiny" is a one-hour special.
- This episode has scenes from the earlier episodes about the very beginning of the series.
- While getting off the boat, the background music is "Dearest."
- This is the first time Kagome is seen as a newborn, as well having the Sacred Jewel within her.
- The ending theme was the first opening of the series, "Change the World".