Juromaru and Kageromaru is the forty-sixth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Two more powerful incarnations of Naraku appear: Jūrōmaru and Kagerōmaru.
- Inuyasha and Kōga battle them; they are ultimately able to defeat the incarnations.
- Kagome decides to return to the modern era after having yet another argument with Inuyasha about Kōga.
Kōga asks Inuyasha where Naraku is. Inuyasha says he doesn't know, otherwise he wouldn't be wasting time fighting his incarnations. Kōga searches for Naraku on his own, and eventually finds him. Naraku sends his fourth incarnation, Jūrōmaru, after him, shackled with restraints and a mask. Despite this, Jūrōmaru gains the upper hand, causing Kōga to run.
When Inuyasha picks up Naraku's scent and arrives at the scene, Naraku removes Jūrōmaru's shackles, and Jūrōmaru beheads Naraku, which turns out to be another of his puppets. Inuyasha fights Jūrōmaru, and then a fifth incarnation, Kagerōmaru, appears from Jūrōmaru's gut and impales Inuyasha, eating some of his innards. Kagerōmaru says he and Jūrōmaru answer to no one, not even Naraku. Before Kagerōmaru can attack Kagome, Kōga returns, realizing the danger to Kagome, and kicks him away.
Inuyasha and Kōga fight Jūrōmaru and Kagerōmaru, at a disadvantage as Tessaiga is still heavy, and Kōga is wounded in the leg. When Kagerōmaru attacks Kagome again, Inuyasha is briefly able to wield Tessaiga light to protect her, and cuts his arm off. Kagerōmaru hides in the ground, but Sango uses Miroku's staff to poison the ground, forcing Kagerōmaru out. Eventually Inuyasha destroys Kagerōmaru and Jūrōmaru with Wind Scar.
Inuyasha and Kōga get into a fight over Kōga getting in the way of Inuyasha's Wind Scar, to which Kōga thought Inuyasha was going to kill him and Inuyasha says he knew Kōga was fast enough to avoid it but will kill him if he gets in his way again. Kagome breaks up the fight, using the Sit command to force the wounded Inuyasha to the ground, while acting friendly towards Kōga. After Kōga leaves, Inuyasha gets jealous of Kōga and argues with Kagome again, and Kagome decides to return home.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Opening Theme — I Am — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kōga visits Kagome, Inuyasha denies he is angry — Osuwari! — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kōga meets Naraku — Evil Spirits Desiring the Shikon no Tama (Shikon no Tama o Nerau Chimimōryō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Jūrōmaru counters Kōga’s moves, Inuyasha arrives to fight — Fight to the Death (Shitō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Naraku releases Jūrōmaru’s shackles, he kills Naraku’s puppet, Juromaru blocks Inuyasha’s attacks — Attack (Shūgeki) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha knows he did not cut the demon’s arm, Kagerōmaru jumps through his chest — Evil Spirits Desiring the Shikon no Tama (Shikon no Tama o Nerau Chimimōryō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Miroku and Sango are too slow to fight the demons, Kagerōmaru surrounds Kagome — Big Counterattack (Daihangeki) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Jūrōmaru grabs Inuyasha, Kōga predicts Kagerōmaru’s moves — Attack (Shūgeki) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kagerōmaru hides in the ground, he almost kills Kagome — Fang Sword, Tessaiga (Kiba no Ken Tessaiga) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha continues fighting, Sango poisons the ground — Kazaana — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha knows where Kagerōmaru is, he kills the two incarnations — Dilemma (Kyūchi) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kōga leaves, Kagome decides to go back to her era — Old Flea, Myōga (Nomi no Jijii Myōga) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Ending Theme — Dearest — TV OST Vol. 3
- This is the first time Inuyasha and Kōga fight an enemy together.
Differences from the manga
- This episode omits the beginning scene from Chapter 164 where Naraku's castle guards find his head severed from his body, and Kagerōmaru kills the two guards. Naraku then grasps Kagerōmaru's heart threatening to kill him if he tries to attack Naraku again.