Shiori's Family and Inuyasha's feelings is the seventy-third episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Myōga tells Inuyasha he can make Tessaiga strong enough to break through Naraku's barrier if he destroys the bat demon who guards their powerful barrier, allowing Tessaiga to absorb its power.
- It turns out that the new guardian of the barrier is a young hanyō named Shiori; Inuyasha has major reservations about having to destroy her.
- Taigokumaru, Shiori's grandfather, decides to go out, along with all of the other demon bats, and slaughter all of the villagers so Shiori won't ask to return.
Myōga tells Inuyasha that in order to gain the power to break barriers, he needs to kill the guardian of the barrier of the demon bat tribe, who turns out to be a girl named Shiori, a half demon bat herself. Shiori has been offered by her human mother to her grandfather the demon bat leader in exchange for peace between the bats and the villager, but the demon bats didn't honor the truce. Inuyasha and Shiori's mother go to the demon bats cave to retrieve Shiori, but Inuyasha can't break the barrier, and would anyway refuse to kill another half-demon. To keep her mother from being killed, Shiori tells her to return home, leaving her daughter as guardian of the barrier for the bats. But the grandfather demon is suspicious, he fears Shiori's love for her mother might induce her to fail in her duty and return to the village, and thus decides to kill all the villagers, including Shiori's mother, to eliminate the temptation.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Opening Theme — Owarinai Yume — TV OST Vol. 3
- Villagers carry child to demon — Shōki — TV OST Vol. 2
- Miroku warns Kagome about the cards — Sign of Unrest (Fuon na Kehai) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Myōga tells Inuyasha to go to the cave of demon bats — Evil Spirits Desiring the Shikon no Tama (Shikon no Tama o Nerau Chimimōryō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Villagers attack woman — Inuyasha’s Metamorphosis (Hengeshita Inuyasha) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Inuyasha’s group talk with the mother about the demon bats — The Hidden Well to the Sengoku Era (Kakushi Ido kara Sengoku Jidai e) — TV OST Vol. 1
- The mother recalls how the bats began to attack the village; they promise to not attack if they get Shiori — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Flashback to Shiori being bullied by kids — Beautiful Memories (Utsukushii Omoide) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Flashback to Inuyasha as a child running from demons — Trap (Wana) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Large bat tells Shiori to eat food, Inuyasha at the cave entrance — The Hidden Well to the Sengoku Era (Kakushi Ido kara Sengoku Jidai e) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha meets Taigokumaru, mother berates him for breaking promise — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Shiori begs for her mother not to be hurt — To the End of Sorrow (Kanashimi no Hate ni) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Shiori cries and Taigokumaru says that he must destroy the entire the village — Tsubaki the Dark Miko (Kuromiko Tsubaki) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Inuyasha thinks about humans shunning him when he was young — Kagome and Inuyasha II — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kagome and Inuyasha see the swarm of bat demons — Inuyasha’s Metamorphosis (Hengeshita Inuyasha) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Ending Theme — Every Heart — TV OST Vol. 3
- Shiori is the second hanyō, other than Inuyasha, to appear in the series, after Jinenji. But is the first female hanyō in the series.