The Plot of the Panther Devas is the seventy-fifth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- A group of panther yōkai, the Panther Devas, who battled the Inu no Taishō years before, return and challenge Sesshōmaru, with hopes of getting revenge on the Dog General's son.
- The Panther Devas kidnap Kagome because she has Shikon no Tama shards.
- The leader of the Panther Devas, Tōran, personally challenges Sesshōmaru to battle and tells him that her "master" will soon be resurrected.
Kōga and his two comrades see a group of panther demons heading toward somewhere. However, Kōga dismisses any concerns since it does not involve them.
Kagome gets kidnapped by the demon-panthers, and her friends speed to her rescue. Kōga joins in the pursuit. As they near the panthers, they lose their scent, and Inuyasha tries to use the red Tessaiga to break though the possible barrier there.
Meanwhile, one of the panther leaders go provoking Sesshōmaru, as the panther apparently holds a deep grudge against his family and wants to settle the score. Sesshōmaru rises to the challenge.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- This episode, and the rest of the Panther Devas episodes are all anime filler.
- Sesshōmaru displays some very unusual behaviors this episode:
- When Jaken and Rin are fishing, Sesshōmaru is seen sitting down and watching them rather than wandering around as he normally does during their meal-times. (Sesshōmaru himself was never shown to eat at all throughout the entire series.)
- When Jaken tries to convince him to accept Rōyakan's help, Sesshōmaru resorts to placation to silence him (saying Jaken is all the help he needs) rather than concussive force.