Target: Sesshomaru and Inuyasha is the seventy-sixth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Inuyasha breaks through the Panther Devas' barrier with the Red Tessaiga and he and Koga go to save Kagome.
- Sesshōmaru also nears their castle and is confronted by Tōran.
- Myōga and Rōyakan shed light on the past battles that involved the dog demons and the panther demons.
- Kagome, who is joined by the captured Miroku and Sango, learns that the Panther Devas plan to sacrifice them all so that the Panther King can be resurrected; the Panther Devas think that the time is almost at hand to resurrect the king
demon-panthers to resurrect their leader. Inuyasha learns from Myōga, then Jaken, the story of how his father and his allies battled and defeated the panthers eons ago, then how Sesshōmaru did the same fifty years ago (though at a huge cost of lives), while Inuyasha was under the spell of Kikyō, thus explaining the hatred of the panthers for his blood, and part of Sesshōmaru's despise for his brother, who had failed to come to his aid the one time he needed it. Kōga gets told the same story from the forest demon, and joins the two brothers as each attacks one gate of the panthers' fortress.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- The 2nd episode of the Panther Deva anime filler.
- It's ironic that Rōyakan is the demon who devours those who become lost in the woods, yet he himself becomes lost in the woods.
- Several discrepancies arise from Myōga's flashback of the Great War concerning Sesshōmaru. In Myōga's flashback, Sesshōmaru is shown in the foreground of the Inu no Taishō's army, despite Myōga explicitly stating that Sesshōmaru did not participate in the Great War. Additionally, Sesshōmaru is shown wearing the Tenseiga, even though he did not receive Tenseiga until after his father's death, who at that time was still alive.
- In the English version during the scene in which Rōyakan is stuck with lighting, the voices for Ginta and Hakkaku are switched.