Target: Sesshomaru and Inuyasha is the seventy-sixth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Inuyasha breaks through the Panther Devas' barrier with the Red Tessaiga and he and Kōga go to save Kagome.
- Sesshōmaru also nears their castle and is confronted by Tōran.
- Myōga and Rōyakan shed light on the past battles that involved the dog demons and the panther demons.
- Kagome, who is joined by the captured Miroku and Sango, learns that the Panther Devas plan to sacrifice them all so that the Panther King can be resurrected; the Panther Devas think that the time is almost at hand to resurrect the king
At the panthers' fortress, Kagome has been thrown in prison as Tōran said "Stay in there, and don't get any ideas" so she'll wait until her friends come but then she turn around to see someone else in the prison. Meanwhile in front of the barrier, Inuyasha uses the Red Tessaiga to break the barrier until Kōga rushed to get Kagome as two companions to catch up as Miroku, Sango, Shippō, and Kirara arrives he told them that the castle entrance is hiding somewhere where Kagome is as they going in.
Inuyasha and his friends has arrived at the village, but nobody's there and they must after Karan but they have smoke screen which means it's a trap, until it destroyed as Sesshōmaru arrives as he tells Karan "is it me that you have business with, or these people [Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and Shippō]?". Karan felt surprised that his elder brother have arrived and they'll be waiting at the castle. Sesshōmaru tells Inuyasha to leave while he can and to remember his past that he lost his heart to a mortal (Kikyō) and under a spell for years and no right to come for a battle. Then Hachi had arrived as he brought Myōga.
Inuyasha learns from Myōga, the story of how his father and his allies with Sesshōmaru battled and defeated the panthers in the Great War eons ago, but he told them it was long before that it was Inuyasha's father still in the Western Province, as the panther tribe attacked the west and tried to conquered all other demons, the Panther King is an enmormous leader, as two daiyōkais fought and as the Great Dog Demon emerged victorious as the Panther King defeated, but then the panthers angered and cursed Dog General and his family for all eternality and sworn one day want get their revenge. After Myōga left, there's an ambush from Karan's attack. Kōga and his companions are lost meets Rōyakan as he asked him that he's not with Sesshōmaru. Meanwhile, Sesshōmaru and Jaken fight against Tōran. Inuyasha fights Karan, they searched for Inuyasha, they found it as they thought it was until Shūran attack them. While Sesshōmaru fights with Tōran, she remembers the day war from fifty years ago and after that he lose the sight of Jaken. Kōga and his companions gets told the same story from Rōyakan, how he and his men lost the war with panthers fifty years ago. Since they're lost, Rōyakan summoned the wolves to search the way out and there's an ambush from Shunran. Miroku and Sango are captured and imprisoned with Kagome. Then Jaken told Inuyashya, the story how Sesshōmaru did the same fifty years ago (though at a huge cost of lives), while Inuyasha was under the spell of Kikyō, thus explaining the hatred of the panthers for his blood, and part of Sesshōmaru's despise for his brother, who had failed to come to his aid the one time he needed it. They found out that the villagers who escaped the war to live in peace, until the panther tribes discovered it and made it a home base as the villagers have captured and imprisoned first, and along with Kagome, Miroku and Sango that are to be sacrificed in order for the demon-panthers to resurrect their leader. The wolf demons joins the two brothers as each attacks one gate of the panthers' fortress.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Opening Theme — Owarinai Yume — TV OST Vol. 3
- Panthers put Kagome in prison cell — The Hidden Well to the Sengoku Era (Kakushi Ido kara Sengoku Jidai e) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha’s group fight off panthers to find Kagome — Attack (Shūgeki) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Smoke envelops Inuyasha’s group, Sesshōmaru uses his sword — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Hachiemon and Myōga arrive — Osuwari! — TV OST Vol. 1
- Myōga recalls the war between the Panthers and Tōga — Attack (Shūgeki) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kōga wonders where Kagome is, Rōyakan greets him — Evil Spirits Desiring the Shikon no Tama (Shikon no Tama o Nerau Chimimōryō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha and Sesshōmaru fight the fire and ice panthers respectively — Fierce Fighting (Gekitō) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Sesshōmaru recalls 50 years ago when Rōyakan wanted to help him — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Panthers try to take Kōga’s jewel shards — Shōki — TV OST Vol. 2
- Jaken surrounded, Inuyasha holds off panthers and confronts Jaken — Fang Sword, Tessaiga (Kiba no Ken Tessaiga) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Flashback to Jaken telling Sesshōmaru about Inuyasha being sealed to a tree — Sign of Unrest (Fuon na Kehai) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kagome’s group tells the imprisoned villagers that they will be saved — The Hidden Well to the Sengoku Era (Kakushi Ido kara Sengoku Jidai e) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Sesshōmaru and Inuyasha arrive at the Panther King’s tomb — Inuyasha’s Metamorphosis (Hengeshita Inuyasha) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Ending Theme — Every Heart — TV OST Vol. 3
- During the Panther King and the Great Dog Demon fight scenes, while the Great Dog Demon's army and the Panther tribe observe, the horn on top of the Panther King's head is missing.
- The 2nd episode of the Panther Deva anime filler.
- It's ironic that Rōyakan is the demon who devours those who become lost in the woods, yet he himself becomes lost in the woods.
- Several discrepancies arise from Myōga's flashback of the Great War concerning Sesshōmaru. In Myōga's flashback, Sesshōmaru is shown in the foreground of the Inu no Taishō's army, despite Myōga explicitly stating that Sesshōmaru did not participate in the Great War. Additionally, Sesshōmaru is shown wearing the Tenseiga, even though he did not receive Tenseiga until after his father's death, who at that time was still alive.
- In the English version during the scene in which Rōyakan is stuck with lighting, the voices for Ginta and Hakkaku are switched.