Sesshomaru and the Abducted Rin is the eightieth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Jaken alerts Sesshōmaru to Rin's abduction, and Naraku informs him that she is fine, and he requests Sesshōmaru's presence at his castle.
- Sesshōmaru arrives at Naraku's castle and they battle, with Naraku secretly planning to absorb Sesshōmaru into his own flesh.
- Rin is being held in a small hut surrounded by a hoard of demons; inside, she meets Kohaku, who is standing guard.
- Inuyasha picks up Naraku's scent and is able to break through his barrier using the Red Tessaiga.
Inuyasha picks up Naraku's scent in the area and proceeds to follow it. Jaken rushes to Sesshōmaru's side to tell him that Rin was abducted by Kagura. One of Naraku's puppets appears and tells Sesshōmaru that if he does not wish to see Rin harmed and return he has to kill Inuyasha. Sesshōmaru destroys Naraku's puppet and makes his way to Naraku's castle. Naraku laughed as Sesshōmaru took the bait as he hated to have things that belonged to him taken away. Inuyasha follows Naraku's scent with the others.
When Rin awoke, she found herself in a room with a young boy named Kohaku, who was meant to keep her there under Naraku's orders (though Rin was unaware of his part in this). She tried to leave, but the place was surrounded by yōkai which she could not face on her own. Rin asks Kohaku a bunch of questions. Sesshōmaru has arrived at Naraku's spell, behind which Naraku's castle is. Naraku opens the barrier for him; hence Inuyasha can also detect Naraku's scent. Sesshōmaru and Jaken pass through the barrier. Rin is not in the castle, but Sesshōmaru pretends that he is not there because of Rin. Naraku knows, however, that Sesshōmaru never obviously takes orders and then they prepare to fight. Inuyasha follows Naraku's scent while the others go in search of a Shikon fragment Kagome has detected that they believe must belong to Kohaku. Inuyasha goes to the castle, while the smell is already weaker because of the barrier.
Naraku knew that Sesshōmaru came to kill him, and gladly honored the request. Naraku turned into a patched-together demon that was made from rejected demons. Sesshōmaru questioned if this form was his true form. Naraku revealed that his form was a work-in-progress. Naraku attacks Sesshōmaru repeatedly, but Sesshōmaru can eliminate every attack by cutting off Naraku's limbs. Kagura, watching from the sidelines, realized that Naraku was trying to absorb Sesshōmaru for greater demonic power.
As the others set off in the direction in which she felt the jewel shard in the mountains, Kagome notes that the jewel shard she senses may be that of Sango's brother, Kohaku. Kohaku is still sitting in the house with Rin as she shares the melon she had gotten from the fields with him after asking him a bunch of questions, and she told him about her family's slaughter. He told her about how he didn't remember anything of his past, but Rin suspects that there was something terrible in his past as there was in hers. Kohaku is happy that he can talk to someone again. Meanwhile, Sango, Miroku, and Kagome arrived outside in search of Kohaku. Kohaku is shocked and wonders again why he can remember Sango's face. Sesshōmaru continues to slice away at Naraku's body parts and surrounded himself with Naraku's fallen flesh. Naraku is secretly planning to absorb Sesshōmaru into his body. Upon arriving at the barrier's wall, Inuyasha notices Sesshōmaru's scent stops here and runs against the barrier as he destroyed it with his new Red Tessaiga.
Naraku was in the middle of his battle with Sesshōmaru when he sensed Inuyasha's new found power and wonders how it is possible for someone to break the barrier. Naraku orders Kagura to go confront him as he continues to battle Sesshōmaru. When Kagura confronts Inuyasha, he mentions that Kagura has long since ceased to be an opponent for him, but Kagura says that she would disappear, but cannot because she is being watched by the Saimyōshō. Kagura secretly wants to allow Inuyasha to come in hopes he will kill Naraku and set her free as she barely put up a fight to stop Inuyasha At that moment, however, a large number of yōkai arrive and Inuyasha has to defend himself against them so that Kagura can disappear. In any case, she only thinks about her freedom. Inuyasha used his Wind Scar on the demons before passing.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Opening Theme — Owarinai Yume — TV OST Vol. 3
- Kagome narrates about Naraku’s power — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Jaken informs Sesshōmaru of Rin’s kidnapping, Naraku tells him she will be returned if he kills Inuyasha — Demon Brother Sesshōmaru (Yōkei Sesshōmaru) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kanna shows Sesshōmaru in her mirror to Naraku — Shōki — TV OST Vol. 2
- Rin wakes up, she tries to go outside — The Hidden Well to the Sengoku Era (Kakushi Ido kara Sengoku Jidai e) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Sesshōmaru arrives at Naraku’s castle — Evil Demon, Naraku (Jayō Naraku) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha recalls Naraku’s barrier blocking his Wind Scar — Fierce Fighting (Gekitō) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kagome wonders if the jewel shard is Kohaku’s — Sign of Unrest (Fuon na Kehai) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Kohaku recognizes Sango — Evil Spirits Desiring the Shikon no Tama (Shikon no Tama o Nerau Chimimōryō) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Sesshōmaru attacks Naraku’s body parts — Attack (Shūgeki) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha comes across the castle barrier and breaks it — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kagura fends off Inuyasha — Inuyasha’s Metamorphosis (Hengeshita Inuyasha) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Inuyasha keeps killing demons, Naraku laughs — Naraku’s Treachery (Naraku no Yabō) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Ending Theme — Every Heart — TV OST Vol. 3
- This is the first episode to be rated TV-14 on Adult Swim, since episode 54.