Koga's Bride-To-Be is the eighty-fourth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- Ayame explains to Kagome why she has sought out Kōga, saying that her grandfather hopes that their marriage would help to form an alliance among the wolf demon tribes.
- The Hair monster finds Kagome, Kōga and Ayame and attacks them, but Kōga is eventually able to destroy it, but not before telling them that Naraku has escaped to a place "where no one can touch him".
- Ayame notes that Kōga's love for Kagome is unrequited.
- Kōga finally remembers the promise he made to Ayame; Ayame states that she understands Kōga's mission to destroy Naraku, but adds that she won't give up on him.
When Naraku's mouth incarnation arrives, Kōga must save Kagome and Ayame from danger. When the protagonists later appear, the mouth incarnation reveals that Naraku abandoned it in the castle. The mouth incarnation explodes when Kōga and Ayame are consumed, due to Kōga's shards of the Shikon Jewel. Though, he finally remembers having proposed to Ayame, Kōga disregards ever recalling that night.
Characters in Order of Appearance
- Opening Theme — Owarinai Yume — TV OST Vol. 3
- Kagome recaps the hair demon attacking her group — Struggle of Hatred (Zōtō) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Ayame mentions a miasma appearing recently — Sign of Unrest (Fuon na Kehai) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Hair demon comes closer — Ryūkotsusei Resurrected (Yomigaeru Ryūkotsusei) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kōga fights the hair monster — Hell Insects, Saimyōshō (Jigoku Mushi Saimyōshō) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Inuyasha tries to kill the hair monster, but he gets tied up — Inuyasha’s Metamorphosis (Hengeshita Inuyasha) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Hair monster states he is not an incarnation of Naraku but a rejection — Shōki — TV OST Vol. 2
- Hair monster grabs Kōga, Ayame’s flower used against the monster & Kōga kills it — Fierce Fighting (Gekitō) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kōga tells Kagome he has to leave; he does remember his promise — Osuwari! — TV OST Vol. 1
- Flashback to Kōga promising to marry Ayame — Beautiful Memories (Utsukushii Omoide) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Ayame says she will train to sense the jewel shards like Kagome can — Swordsmith, Tōtōsai (Katanakaji Tōtōsai) — TV OST Vol. 2
- Kōga ponders thoughts by the river — To the End of Sorrow (Kanashimi no Hate ni) — TV OST Vol. 1
- Inuyasha does not want to say anything — Osuwari! — TV OST Vol. 1
- Ending Theme — Every Heart — TV OST Vol. 3
- This episode is canon, however, many scenes have been changed for the anime version to include the anime only character, Ayame.
- All scenes involving the Northern Wolf Demon Tribe, including flashbacks, and Ayame herself are all anime original.