Hanyō no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi (半妖の夜叉姫 -戦国御伽草子-, "Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon") is the Japanese anime-only spin-off to InuYasha produced by Sunrise. It is a sequel to the anime series Inuyasha, based on the original manga of Rumiko Takahashi. It is the story of Sesshōmaru's twin daughters, Towa and Setsuna, as well as Inuyasha's daughter, Moroha. Katsuyuki Sumisawa will be the episode writer while Rumiko Takahashi writes the storyboard for the series. Viz Media has licensed the series for North and Latin American territories, while Medialink has licensed it for Southeast Asian territories. The series began to air on October 3, 2020 on Yomiuri TV and Nippon TV.
The first episode presents a flashback six months after the events of The Final Act finale. InuYasha and Kagome fight Ne no Kubi that Kikyō sealed away right before meeting InuYasha, over 50 years ago.
Over five years later, the daughters of Sesshōmaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time. In Feudal Japan, half-demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa is sucked into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's younger brother, Sōta, and his family.
Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a demon slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.
Joined by Moroha, the only daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past and resolve the crisis that is more deadly than Naraku and Shikon no Tama.
- Sara Matsumoto as Towa Higurashi
- Mikako Komatsu as Setsuna
- Azusa Tadokoro as Moroha
- Junya Enoki as Sōta Higurashi
- Haruka Terui as Mei Higurashi
- Eriko Matsui as Moe Higurashi
- Ryōhei Kimura as Kohaku
- Takehiro Urao as Hisui
- Ai Fairouz as Takechiyo
- Aya Gomazaru as Kin'u
- Hitomi Ueda as Gyokuto
- Takumi Yamazaki as Yotsume
- NEW ERA by SixTONES
- Break by Uru
- Inuyasha: Since Then (あれからの犬夜叉, Are Kara no Inuyasha)
- The Three Princesses (三匹の姫, Sanbiki no Hime)
- The Dream Butterfly (夢の胡蝶, Yume no Kochō)
- Door to the Past (過去への扉, Kako e no Tobira)
- Red Bone Palace Young Bone Circle (赤骨御殿の若骨丸, Aka-Kotsu Goten no Waka Hone Maru)
- Nekojuan of the Old Temple (古寺の猫寿庵, Koji no Neko Juan)
- The series is directed by Teruo Sato with main character designs by Inuyasha original creator Rumiko Takahashi.
- It started airing on the same day InuYasha The Final Act started airing in 2009.