Miroku and Inuyasha were off exterminating a yōkai while Sango was giving birth to her third child. Rin and Lady Kaede were present during the birth. The birth had been successful by the time Miroku returned to his family.
Hisui is supportive and courageous. He is not afraid to go into battle against yōkai, and is always eager to support his comrades whenever possible. He generally exhibits a serious and determined demeanor, and thus far has shown no signs of inheriting any of his father's lecherous habits, unlike previous generations before him.
Hisui initially views his father in a negative light for choosing to undergo 1000 days of training; likely because it means he wouldn't be with them for nearly three years.
As toddler, Hisui has a small tuft of light brown hair atop his head, and his skin matched the light tone of his parents.
Years later, he would be a tall young man with dark hair pulled back in a ponytail and indigo eyes.
Hisui wears the tradition armor of a yōkai taijiya, which consists of a black skin-tight jump suit, green armor plates made of yōkai bones that include a pair of black tekkou arm guards and sune-ate shin guards, and light-green obi sash around his waist to carry hid wakizashi (medium-length sword).
He also wears prayer beads on his left arm.
Powers & Abilities
- Expert Combatant: As a yōkai taijiya, Hisui has spent years training to combat various types of yōkai.
- Above-Average Strength: Hisui is much stronger than most ordinary humans, as he could singlehandedly use the hefty Hiraikotsu in battle.
- Hiraikotsu: Hiraikotsu is a gigantic boomerang that Hisui inherited from Sango. This boomerang is made up of various kinds of yōkai bones. Hiraikotsu requires a lot of strength to throw in order to destroy the target. It is a fierce weapon, possessing a great amount of power when thrown by a sufficiently strong user, to the point of severing most natural defenses of yōkai.
- Yōki and Miasma Dispersion: Hiraikotsu can emit demonic aura, allowing it to inflict greater damage to enemies. It can also absorb miasma/poison and disperse it safely.
Miroku and Sango are his parents. Hisui was initially doubtful of his father as he saw the 1000 day training as nothing more than an excuse to run away. Upon seeing his father in action against Tōtetsu, Hisui now sees him in a better light.
Kin'u and Gyokuto are his elder twin sisters.
Kohaku is his maternal uncle and later his mentor, after becoming a yōkai taijiya.
Kirara appears to be his new partner. Like his mother prior, Kirara provides Hisui with advantageous positions from which he can attack with Hiraikotsu.
One of Hisui's demon-hunting teammates. The pair coordinate well—although he is proud of their synergy, she appears indifferent and mission-minded.
Upon first meeting her, Hisui is eager to attack the suspected demon, but Kohaku wards him away.
A friend of Hisui's whom occasionally aids him and Setsuna in hunting demons. When he was viewing his father as a coward, Towa tries to tell him that fathers are always doing their best to support their families.
To be added
- Just like his mother and his uncle, Hisui is named after a precious material used to make jewelry.
- The rosary on his left wrist is a visual callback to how Miroku's nenju sealed off the Kazaana in his right hand, and possibly how Hisui himself was spared from having the curse at all.
- A six month-old Hisui is shown to be sensitive to the presence of the demon Yotsume, whom Kagome and Sango fail to notice. Whether this ability has followed him into adolescence remains to be seen.
- In the anime only
|Taijiya||Kirara • Kohaku • Sango • Sango and Kohaku's father • Shako • Hisui • Setsuna • Rokuta • Nanasuke|
|Places||Yōkai taijiya village • Midoriko's cave|
|Unique Items||Hiraikotsu • Shikon no Tama|