Long ago, Konton battled a Meiōjū and killed it, taking a piece of his shell as a souvenir. Konton fashioned the shell as an armor that he used until he fought Towa Higurashi, Setsuna, and Moroha. The trio attacked him at his temple where they engaged in a brief skirmish with him before they escaped.
Konton found them with the Meiōjū's son Meifuku. When Towa learned that Meiōjū's shell had no demonic energy, she infused some of her own energy into the armor, awakening the spirit of Meiōjū, who held Konton down so Meifuku and Towa could attack the armor, causing the shell to separate from Konton. Konton went to attack Towa, but was then attacked by Moroha and Setsuna, and then fled before Moroha could finish him off.
Konton currently resides in a cave, from which he spies on the Half-Demon Princesses and summons another half-demon, by the name of Nikosen, to destroy them and attain their Rainbow Pearls. He observes the battle, and finds Towa's human transformation interesting. After Nikosen's defeat, he says the battle was entertaining.
A few months later, he returns and seems to have struck a deal with Moroha's mentor Yawaragi.
Being a very powerful demon, he is coldhearted and vicious when it comes to his reputation or his enemies.
apparition: Konton is tall and skinny with pale green skin, two horns on his forehead, pointy ears, and a thin mustache that only has two hairs protruding from either side of his face. He has long flowing grayish black hair, and his fingers have claws at the end of them. He has a medium length tail.
True Form: In his true form, Konton doesn't appear to have a face. His body is round with six stubby legs and four smaller wings attached to it.
Konton wears a long black pointed officials hat. He wears a light brown kosode, darker brown baggy pants, and boots. For a while he wore the Meiōjū's shell that took the form of a brownish coloured armour that covered his chest and shoulders.
He later acquired another set of armour that was red on the upper part, grey with small spikes protruding on the middle part, and black with two rows of smaller spikes.
Powers and abilities
- Tao Magic Konton is able to use magic spells, most notably one that allows him to retreat in a cloud of purple smoke. He can also summon flames that he can use to observe others.
- Divine Speed: The spell Konton uses to make his sword grow in length. It lasts for only one attack, so he has to say it every time he wants to extend the length of his sword.
- Exploding Field: Konton throws a talisman that catches fire and explodes in a puff of smoke in the enemies faces.
- Creation Magic: Similar to Shikigami magic, Konton is able to use his talismans to create beings to serve him. So far, he has only been known to create the Wind Lion and Thunder Lion.
- Divine Sword: Konton wields a sword that has the ability to generate and fire off blasts of demonic energy. He can extend it with the Divine Speed spell.
- Talismans: Konton can channel his demonic energy into sutra talismans that he can throw as a weapon.
- Second Armour: After losing the chunk of Meiōjū shell, Konton got a new set of armour to replace it. He hid the blue rainbow pearl that he burrowed from Riku in one of it's folds.
- Meiōjū Armour: Konton wore an armor that was created from the piece of Meiōjū's shell that he acquired. He wore this armor everywhere until it was separated from him by Towa and returned to being a chunk of shell.
- "Yes. This improves the view."
- "There is a bounty on this Konton's head!!? Distasteful!"
- "Damn. It won't end like this. Curse you, Half-Demons."
- "How interesting."
- "So half-demons have new moons. A good show."
- Konton is based on the Hundun from chinese mythology.
- He is the first Peril to survive a first encounter and battle with the Half-Demon Princesses.