I love InuYasha so much! There is so much I want to say about InuYasha; it has well and truly stolen my heart.
There are so many fantastic characters in InuYasha, my favorites include Sesshōmaru, Kōga, Naraku, Sango, Bankotsu, Hakudōshi, Kagome and of course Inuyasha himself; I haven't been able to decide on my absolute favorite character yet, but it probably is between Sesshōmaru and Inuyasha (heh, not very original, I know). Frankly, I love just about every character that has been introduced in the series; these characters are so rich and are much more than simple 'stock' characters, each has his or her own unique personality and they all have their own personal motivation for their actions. The female characters on the show are absolutely fantastic, and are all extremely memorable. Kagura and Kikyō, in particular, are so interesting in my opinion. Eventually I'll elaborate on why I love each character so much.
The music in the anime is absolutely exquisite, each character or situation (for the most part) has their own unique 'theme' music that plays during their major scenes, and the scenes are so much more powerful because of it. I've gotten extremely emotional because of the combination of what is taking place accompanied by the music played alongside it. I'm not very familiar with the exact names of each of the songs (I'll bet the official names are in Japanese) but my favorite pieces of music are Kagome/Inuyasha's 'love' theme, Sango's, Hakudōshi's, Naraku's and Kikyō's themes.
These are my favorite moments/episodes from the original InuYasha anime:
- Pretty much everything with the Band of Seven (especially parts including Bankotsu, Renkotsu and Jakotsu)
- I really enjoyed whenever Bankotsu would refer to Kohaku as a ninja, which would aggravate Kohaku and each time he corrected Bankotsu. I found it rather comical, especially since Kohaku was still under Naraku's control, yet he still had that little bit of humanity left within him.
- Anything with Sesshōmaru, Rin and Jaken.
- Anything with Naraku, up to his sinister ways.
- I love both times that Inuyasha goes to the netherworld (in the beginning when he gets Tessaiga and at the end when they battle with Naraku and Inuyasha obtains the Adamant Barrage).
- I really like the filler episodes where Inuyasha and Sesshōmaru do battle with the Panther tribe, who has been a long time rival of their family.
- I love the episode when Kagome's three best friends meet Inuyasha at her house for the first time, and how excited they were to meet him. Also I love how Inuyasha absolutely destroys her bike - he pretty much ties it in knots.
- I love the two part episode "The Tragic Love Song of Destiny", which is basically a backstory on the entire series. It shows Inuyasha and Kikyō's time together before they were tragically torn apart by Naraku.
- Add synopsis/characters in order of appearance sections
- Add quotes for: Mōryōmaru, Shishinki, Sesshōmaru's mother, Byakuya, Jaken (possibly), Magatsuhi, Sara Asano, Abi, Tekkei (possibly), Infant, Hōsenki, Hitomiko (possibly), Ungai, Goryōmaru.
- Add sources to unsourced quotes.
- Properly license unlicensed images/add image categories.
- Add images that are needed. (characters, title cards, etc.)