See also: Jaki
Yōki is also known to be very dangerous, able to corrupt or outright destroy weaker beings.
- Physical Augmentation: Demons are able to use their yōki to greatly increase their physical prowess. An example this includes Inuyasha's Sankon Tessō to increase the strength and attack range of his claws.
- Constructs: In some cases yōki can be used to create certain constructs. Examples of this include Inuyasha's Hijin Kessō, Sesshōmaru's Light Whip, and Naraku's barrier.
- Energy Blasts: A yōkai’s yōki can be be used to project to destructive energy blasts. Although a simple application, this can be effective against weaker enemies, especially when fired in rapid session or charged for a more powerful attack.
- Elements: A yōkai’s yōki can be channeled into the form of various elements. An example includes Sesshōmaru being able to channel his yōki into lightning through his Tōkijin to unleash in the form of lightning blasts. In some cases for those already possessing elemental abilities, their yōki can be used to make them more potent, much like how Naraku is able to channel his jaki through his miasma.
- Kenatsu (剣圧, "Sword-Force, Sword-Pressure"): An ability mostly possessed by yōkai swords. When yōki is channeled into the sword, users can strike their enemies without the blade making physical contact. This is a starting ability for yōkai swordsmen, used to defeat weaker enemies until they develop more of their power. Although not as strong as a full-powered attack, the kenatsu is still very effective. One swing can damage or even kill weak yōkai with the slightest bit of pressure and cause significant damage to the surrounding area. Figures such as Sesshōmaru can channel their elements into the blade for elemental damage.
- Slashes: The most common form of Kenatsu in which users of yōkai swords project the yōki in the form of slashes.
- Needles: This was a special case for Sesshōmaru when he wielded Tōkijin. He was able to project powerful energy needles when he needed to dispose of lesser yōkai.
- Yōki Wave: When users become proficient enough with Kenatsu they can unleash it in the form of devastating waves of yōki, such as the Kaze no Kizu, to slay numerous yōkai.
- Ōgi: When a yōkai channels their yōki its maximum, they can unleash in the form of powerful ultimate attacks such as the Bakuryūha or Sōryūha to slay countless yōkai and powerful enemies.
- Yōketsu (妖穴, "Vortex of Demonic Energy"): The visual manifestation of demonic energy in the form of a whirlpool that appears behind a yōkai and is visible to just a few. This vortex can be cut and its effect is an instant-kill upon the demon whose yōketsu is being cut; Inuyasha's Dragon-Scaled Tessaiga had this ability.
Relationship with Reiryoku
See also: Reiryoku
Naturally given the nature of Reiryoku (