Many years later, Yotsume perched on the Goshinboku and watched Moroha, Setsuna, and Towa Higurashi. He communicated this info to Kyūki through her crystal ball and recognized Moroha as the one who killed Tōkotsu. Kyūki asked Yotsume what Jakotsumaru was up to, and Yotsume said he was gathering bones to revive his father. Kyūki told Yotsume to tell Jakotsumaru about Moroha.
Yotsume disguised himself as Sōkyu and tricked lord Danjo into assisting him in capturing Towa. Curious about the other world, Yotsume and Danjo interrogate Towa presenting the seat from Kagome Higurashi's bike.
Yotsume told Towa about the battle against Ne no Kubi, and as he finished the story, Moroha and Setsuna broke into the temple to rescue Towa. Moroha recognized Yotsume's scent and attacked him, slicing off his hat and revealing his extra two eyes. Setsuna went to attack Yotsume, who transformed into his owl form and fled.
Yotsume inadvertently led the girls back to Kyūki's hideout, which earned him her ire. Kyūki let Yotsume borrow her purple Rainbow Pearl, which merged his owl and human form together and gave him a fifth eye on his forehead.
Moroha pinned Yotsume to the mountain with her arrows, but he blasted her with the pearl from his new eye, causing Moroha to fall asleep. Towa arrived on the back of Takechiyo and Yotsume blasted them, causing them to both to fall asleep. Unaffected, Setsuna destroyed Yotsume with her Scourge of Swallow, incinerating him.
Demon Form: In this form, Yotsume looks like a large owl in beige and dark brown colors. The only thing that distinguishes it from ordinary owls is the fact that he has four red eyes.
Human Form: He pretended to be an old master of the tea ceremony named Sōkyu (宗久) to fool Ogigayatsu Hiiragi Danjo and Towa. In this form, Yotsume looked like an ordinary wrinkled old man with a thin build. However, his four eyes were displayed even in this form, so he had to hide the two extra eyes on his forehead, covering them with a headdress. It is not yet known whether this is his permanent human form or not.
Powers & Abilities
- Flight: Due to him being a demon bird he is capable of flight.
- Shapeshifting: Yotsume has the ability to change his appearance to that of an elderly bald man.
- Manipulation: Like all other Yokai of it intelligent, he can manipulate other individual such as the human warlord to do his bidding unknowingly. Possibility might have tricked the shogunate adviser from the Kanto Region to serve in his own ground and use their army to capture Towa until it was exposed by Moroha.
- Longevity: Like many Yokai, Yotsume had remained unchanged all these years. When Towa, Setsuna and Moroha were born, he maintained his original self.
Manga vs. Anime
- In the anime adaptation of InuYasha Since Then, Yotsume stood on a tree branch and secretly watched Inuyasha, Kagome and their friends as they fought against Ne no Kubi. Later, Yotsume takes away the surviving small Ne no Kubi's part and let it parastically on Goshinboku allowing the Yokai to survive and nutriting on the tree for the rest of it life. Yotsume was not present in the manga chapter.
- His name can also mean Four Eyes.
- Yotsume's Japanese voice actor, Takumi Yamazaki also voiced both Jūrōmaru and Kagerōmaru.